Thank you for presenting an Oral Presentation at the 42nd Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM), of the Australia and New Zealand Burn Association (ANZBA)
Please check the online meeting program to re-confirm the day, time and room of your session. Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again prior to your session.
Below are some tips to assist you, most importantly please ensure you start and finish your presentation on time.
Before the Session
- Please upload your presentation files to the online folder by COB 15 October 2018 (embed any content such as audio or video – do not link to external files). You should also bring a copy to the meeting on a USB as a back up. If you need to update your files in the online folder please do so clearly showing they are an update in the file name
- When you register at the venue you will be directed to the location of your presentation room. Please touch base with the audio visual technician at least 2 hours prior to your presentation to double check your files are uploaded and ready to go
- The presentation computers use PowerPoint with Windows operating system. As a backup, we suggest you bring your laptop if you use a Mac or require a specific or uncommon program.
- Please ensure your PowerPoint presentations are in 16:9 aspect as 4:3 aspect (square) presentations will not fill the venues screens.
- Abstracts will be available on the Meeting Website
- The abstracts will also be available in the Meeting App (We will be emailing download instructions to all delegates prior to the meeting)
- Please go to your session room 15 minutes prior to the start time of that session (not just your presentation) to meet the session chair (their name will be noted in the program).
During the Session
- Please be seated in the front row so that you can move to the lectern quickly at the end of the previous presentation
- There will be AV technicians roaming between the session rooms to trouble shoot any technical issues should they arise
- The length of your presentation is noted in the program. During your presentation, please keep a strict eye on the time. Your allocated presentation length includes time for questions
- At the end of your presentation the chair will ring a bell for you to conclude immediately. The chair will only ask for questions if you have finished in time
- We do not want to embarrass you however the session chairs have been instructed to end all presentations after the allocated time, even if you are not finished, in order to keep the program to time
- At the conclusion of the session any time remaining will be used for questions and discussion with all presenters. Please remain in the room and in the front row until the end to answer any questions that arise.
There are no facilities for photocopying at the venue. We suggest you bring a copy of your slides and any handouts with you (if desired).
It is anticipated that oral presentations will be allocated 8 minutes plus 2 minutes for questions.
It is anticipated that impact presentations will be allocated 2 minutes to provide a summary of their work, along with an ePoster.
To reduce the impact on the environment and cost to presenters, electronic posters will be displayed in the main area of the venue on large flat screens on a 1 minute rotation. Delegates will be able to pause ePosters and skip to others using the index page. ePosters will be displayed for the duration of the meeting.
Posters will be a single PowerPoint slide and can include video and audio. We can also include a PDF version of your poster in the ASM App.
Click here to access the ePoster template and guidelines.